Monday, September 10, 2007

Deer


On the way to meet a commuter this morning, I saw a herd of deer. I guess they are mule deer? Whatever they are, they'd do well to be a bit more cautious. They weren't really afraid of me. This was near the end of Aubrey White Park way on the west side of the river, where you can see the Bowl and Pitcher campground from the cliffs above.


My toes were cold this morning and I had to put my hat and leg warmers on as I got closer to the river. Yay for fall.


Here's a hornet's nest Maddie spied as we rode down the street yesterday. Pretty cool.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Those look like Mule deer, but I'm not 100% on that. If they're moving mule deer stott, while White Tails run, which makes them easier to tell apart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stotting