|Ben at a P2P free bike tune-up in 2008.|
Photo by Hank Greer
Anyway. A little over a week ago, I mentioned how my buddy Ben is running for City Council president. You can read the end of that post to understand the background on why I'm trying to help Ben out. The plan was to have a bike hang event at our house as a way for Ben to do some glad-handing with local cyclists.
Here's the date for that: Monday, May 23rd. 6PM. Our house.
If you are a Spokane cyclist, you are invited. So is your family.
Here's what I know:
- Most of the local cyclists that read this blog know where I live. If you don't, send me an email (johnspeare at gmail dot com) and I'll give you directions.
- We will provide beer, water, and food. There will be vegetarian and vegan options too. I'll likely do my standard big-crowd Mexican-inspired thing.
- Suggested donation to Ben's campaign is $25. If you're opposed to that generally, or can't afford it, or you just want to come and have beer and food and talk nerdy bike stuff, then don't feel obligated to pony up. The deal is that it's better for Ben to have a lot of $25-donors than it is to have a handful of high-roller donors. He's doing well on both fronts, but that's the angle here.
- I wonder if we could swing a post-hang ride? On paper, May 23rd at around 8pm or so should be really nice cruising weather.
- RSVP would be really nice, but that tradition appears to be fading quickly.
The second event that I want to mention here is happening this weekend. Here's the flyer:
|Click for bigger|
What: We’re pulling 2 or 3 trees from Pedals2People to the new Spokane Public Market, where we’re having a tree planting party with a DJ, wine-tasting, taco truck, etc…
When: Saturday May 7th, Meet at Pedals to People at 4:30. The bicycle-tree parade starts around then and will proceed to the Public Market.