Tuesday, November 8, 2011

2nd Annual BF ride

Last year, I really wanted to do the NW Passage ride for our 1st Annual Black Friday ride. It's just so perfect. So, I laid out the plan.

As we got closer to the ride, it became pretty apparent that it was going to be a snowy event.

And it snowed.

So we did a snow ride instead. Which was fun and sort of gruelling in its own way (think short distance, deep snow, high aerobic output), but I still feel sort of cheated out of the NW Passage ride.

So. We'll try again this year.

For specifics, refer to last year's plan. But swap out the right date (Nov 25th). And the time (8 AM, not 7)) and the meeting place (Rocket on 43rd instead of The Scoop).

All the other stuff is the same. What I mean by that is all the carrying on about the type of ride and what you should expect if you come on the ride.

Screw it. All up:
-- Nov 25th - *leave* Rocket at 8 AM.
-- Trails/hard ride
-- Assume about 3.5 hours.

Dylan -- if you are in town, and need a bike, let me know.

2 comments:

Jonathan Eberly said...

Hmm. Maybe I can head up the slow group. I'm not entirely comfortable on high drive but I'm foolish enough to think that I can handle anything. If I'm not out of town this is definitely a ride I don't want to miss.

Dylan said...

I will be in town, and I'm even driving over, so I cooould bring a bike (new Elephant CX, sweet 29'er). So many bike options, so little time..... what do you think?