Full disclosure: I'm a shill for Elephant. While I didn't pay for the labor on this bike, I did pay for the tubeset. I provide labor to Elephant Bikes in trade for bikey stuff.
Elephant v2 is finally done. This is the bike Glen wanted to build for me almost as soon as he was done with v1:
- It uses the tubeset that he originally argued for (OX Platinum OS 747).
- Head angle is increased from 72 to 73 degrees
- More room for fatter tires. V1 *just* fit Quasimotos. This one fits Quai's just right.
- A bit taller seat tube.
- Shorter chainstays/more compact rear triangle.
- Better color -- Signal violet.
Nearly all parts are from the v1 build.
I dig it. I've only ridden it about 20 miles so far, and it's great.
Pictures below provide a few more details.
|White Hetres. That's the rack I made at Pat's last year. Dig it. I kind of miss the clear-coat, but I also don't care that much.|
|I like this touch. The fender tab is right under the bolt that attaches the rack through the crown.The top one holds the bottom one in place.|
|V1 had internal wiring, which I generally found too fussy. This one has small clips and I'm just going with a blinky on the seatpost instead of a wired rear LED.|
|Maybe someday, if this wheel dies, I'll go with a Schmidt hub. They're so sweet.|