Monday, March 23, 2015

S'plorin' w the s'plorer

I made a quick run to the Kettle River yesterday. This morning I got up early and had a couple hours to tool around. This is the end of the road. There used to be a bridge/raised roadway that continued here. You can't see the pilings in this picture, but they're there.


This is a little section of trail that my brother-in-law Andy and I revived last summer. It's an old road that shaves off a good chunk of road riding for a loop we like to do. Last summer we cleared away the deadfall and started riding it often. I'm guessing it's being maintained by the local game animals now.

Found an old root cellar.

It's cool to see how someone put a long time ago put this together -- they used the local rock, then mortared it all together.

Timber roof. Long since caved in. I wonder if there are any old jars of food under that rubble? I saw some busted crocks and jars in there. 

A few years ago a forest fire came through and cleared out all the undergrowth and tiny tree forests that were under these trees. That's a great method for making things very ridable. You don't need a trail with that set up.


In unrelated news. When I got home I found this odd situation in my garage. The hook holding the cargo bike broke/pulled out of the wall and the bike fell on its nose -- and leaned against the tires. No harm. No broken stuff. No big whoop. I left it.

5 comments:

Hank Greer said...

Bikes just want to be free!

obat perangsang wanita said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jual obat bius said...

aneka macam obat bius hirup aman dan terpercaya


obat bius spray

obat bius cair

obat bius serbuk

obat bius hirup

jenis obat bius

http://www.obattidurmurah.com/
http://www.jenisobatbius.com/

EvilElf said...

Very cool!

Peter said...

Very nice photographs! loved to watch! Thank you.