9 hours ago
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Bike to Work Week starts next Sunday. Don't let Auntie show you up. If you haven't registered, then go over to the Bike to Work Spokane and do so. Here is the schedule of events:
* May 16 – Education Fair at River Park Square. Bike corral on Main Avenue. Commute Challenge begins.
* May 17 – Pancake Breakfast in Riverfront Park, 7-9am; Music by Liz Rognes. Commuters attending the Kickoff Event will get to RIDE THE EDGE with the freshest and newest coffee from Spokane's own Roast House coffee.
* May 19 – Walk & Roll to School Day: participating Spokane Public Schools
* Various days that week – Energizer Stations at locations countywide. Check out the map which is still being updated.
* May 21 – Wrap-up Party at Steam Plant Grill, 4:30-6:30pm. Registered participants only--must RSVP. You can register here. If you registered last year, then you need to log in and update your registration for this year.
* June 12 – Four-week Commute Challenge ends. Make sure you've logged your biking!
* June 30 (date/location still being confirmed) – Conclusion of four-week Commute Challenge; picnic and results announced.