9 hours ago
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
View Bike to Work map in a larger map
Tomorrow is "energizer station" day. This is part of Bike to Work week. The deal is that there are different organizations hosting tables of free food for bike commuters. These tables are spread all over the region. If you only ride one day next week, clearly, this is the day to ride.
I think it would be fun to make a ride out of this: map a route and see how fast you can make the loop, getting free food along the way. Sort of an alley-cat treasure hunt thing.
Anyway. Pedals2People is hosting a station at 25th and Highdrive. Really, it's just Liza, Maddie, and me. I'm not sure if other P2P'ers will be showing up or not. We'll be laying out the following spread from 6:30 am until 8:30 am:
- Pasta salad
- Clinkerdagger's signature pea salad
- Fresh tropical fruits
- A Barron of beef
- A leg of lamb
- A giant Coke-glazed ham
- Pork butt, which isn't ham, which *is* butt
- A rasher of bacon
- Eggs benedict, with real hollandaise out of a can.
- Made-to-order omelet bar
- Fresh croissants
- Freshly baked muffins
- Waffle bar
- Sundae bar
- Biscuits n gravy
- Pigs in a blanket
- Partidge in a pear tree, speaking of which,
- Home fries, in the style of Pear Tree Inn
- Hash browns, in the style of every other shitbox breakfast place
- Made-to-order crepes (flambe, of course) with 6 fresh fruit topping options
- Hand-dipped chocolate strawberries with single-source, fair trade, Venezuelan chocolate
- Hand- squeezed (by vestal virgins) orange juice, pineapple juice, and grape juice
- Mimosa's, with top-shelf Chateau Easy-Lay Champagne
- Coffee, espresso, Spokane cappuccinos (seved 32 oz only), and frapollas
Ok. Just kidding.
We'll just have cliffbars, crackers, cheese, and we may pick up some fruit. For coffee, you'll need to go 2 blocks east and ask Patrick, of Scoop fame, for the BTW day special.
See you there.
> 10:40 AM