Here's what I've learned so far.
In no order:
- Chad Nelson: 6:09; full sus mountain bike
- Alan Jacobs: 6:09; full sus mountain bike
- Tom McFadden: 6:09; hard tail, mnt bike
- Joe Thomsen: DNF - Liberty Lake; Novara Element CX bike
- Mike and Diane: DNF - Liberty Lake; Novara Randonee (both)
- Mystery Ben: DNF - Liberty Lake; mystery bike
- Glen Copus: DNF - State line; Elephant CX
- Pat Sprute: 9:15; Elephant fat-tired road bike
- Eric Erickson: 9:15; LHT
- Mystery Dan: DNF - Spangle; mystery bike
- Mystery Dennis: DNF - Spangle; mystery bike
- Jake McBurns: 7:40; Elephant CX
- Justin Becker: ?; 1983 Specialized Expedition
- Jason Gilman: 8:24; 90's UJB (Univega) Sport Tourer
- Mystery Man 1: 8:29; mystery bike
- Mystery Man 2: 8:29; mystery bike
- Mystery Man 3: 8:29; mystery bike
- Mystery Man 4: 8:29; mystery bike
- Mystery Man 5: 8:29; mystery bike
Mystery Man story from Jason Gilman:
"I made it back to People's Park at 8:24 this morning. There was a
group of about five guys (didn't catch their names) that came in about
5 minutes after me. They were faster than me, but kept taking breaks
after they passed me. I finally ended up in front of them for good
after they stopped for water on the Fish Lake Trail."
Sounds like a great ride. I was really sorry to miss this ride this year. I had an unavoidable obligation that turned out to be about as satisfying as riding 100 miles in the dark on dirt roads. So I'm not feeling as bad about missing it. And I was able to ride about 120 miles on Friday, so I didn't miss out on too much riding, though my 120 miles was super easy and leisurely and lovely.
Pat's great ride up is here.
If you have pictures or more info on riders (it would be great to fill in the mystery names and remaining times), or if your time/name is wrong, just comment here or send me an email. The goal is to get the results as close as we can for the midnightcentury.com results page.
The goal for 2011 is to standardize a route. Just to make sure we're starting and ending at the Elk -- and making sure we have a breakfast scenario at the end. That's been my favorite part in the past.
1 day ago