From: Travis Nichols
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:55 AM
To: John Speare
Subject: Ben Burr Trail
I don't know if you have been following or know about the proposed improvements to the Ben Burr Trail. I am really excited about the proposal and what it means for connectivity on the South Hill. You can find my comments on why here.
We are in the final days of public comments and from what I am told the project's future is is a numbers game and the more people we get to submit comments the more likely the city is to move forward. would you consider submitting comments or perhaps solliciting you long list of cohorts to do the same?
For your reference and consideration here are some resources:
· The PDF of the 10/22/13 presentation at the East Central Neighborhood Council.
· City of Spokane Engineering Blog with opportunity to post public comment there
· 11/14/13 - Spokesman Review
· 11/8/13 - Out There Monthly
· 11/7/13 - Inlander
· 11/21/13 - Spokesman Review
· 1/23/14 - Out There Monthly - Locking Horns
Comments are now being accepted by the city via email submission to Julie Happy, City Communications Manager,firstname.lastname@example.org. I would suggest you also CC council members Ben Stuckart (email@example.com) Mike Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org). and Jon Snyder (email@example.com). If possible CC Dan Buller (firstname.lastname@example.org) the engineer assigned to the project.
Thank you for your consideration!