Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Speare Effect

John was such a good sport about the Vitus, I thought I should take a look at things from his perspective. So, and likely you've guessed this already, I built up a bike...and parked the car for a while. It's geared like this... And I'm sitting on one of these...
And it's got some of these...which are reported to be the bees knees(time to abolish this phrase)

Furthermore, 531 standard dia., 28c+tires, fenders,headlight.
I want to borrow a small handlebar bag. Anyone?





5 comments:

John Speare said...

Nice. I wish I had time to take it for a spin last night, but it looks good. So you have the indexed DT shifters? Am I wrong? Bees Knees or what? I have a frumpy bag you can borrow until S24O season begins. It's not as fancy as a real front bike back, but it's easy to strap to the front bars and holds stuff. I'll bring it tonight.

alex wetmore said...

They look indexed to me.

If the saddle doesn't work out I hope you'll try the rest of the setup without it.

I wish I were in Spokane or you guys were in Seattle, it would be fun to be part of this experimentation.

Anonymous said...

We think of Seattle as a sort of suburb of Spokane. So, don't be a stranger, Alex.

John Speare said...

>> "We think of Seattle as a sort of suburb of Spokane"

That's creepy. I said the exact thing to Alex and Dylan on my Sunday ride with them...

Anonymous said...

I think we both got it from the old tourism slogan for Seattle, John.

"Come enjoy Seattle: the best* Spokane suburb!"


*excluding Yakima.