Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kid haulin

Maddie has always been a good sport in trying out different bike-kid-hauling solutions. The bike trailer was her least favorite. She loved the companion carrier. And she loved the segelino. The tandem was fun for about a year.

But the latest version is great. Right up there with the segelino. I ride the SH-80 to The Scoop every morning for coffee. About once a week, Maddie wakes up early too and goes with me. This is how we roll.






The Scoop is about 5 blocks away. When we do longer hauls, like our Saturday morning run to Pear Tree Inn for the best breakfast on the south hill, we suit up proper with helmets and all that.

4 comments:

Dan O said...

Cool shots. Looks like huge fun.

Eric said...

uummm John, where's her helmet...

zoovegroover said...

I just had a cold shiver as I imagined what that fall would look like if she fell off that rack!! It does look like fun! Helmet or no - falling would hurt bad! She's a brave girl - I hope my own daughter turns out to be so brave!

singlespeed said...

Hi, nice cycle truck ! Considering an Halsted myself. I am wondering how careful you need to be with the steering not to hit the kid's head while turning. Is that a concern or it's very easy to adapt to?
Thanks.