Friday, April 6, 2007

First Impressions

Got the tandem. Liza and Maddie took it for a couple turns up and down the alley yesterday, then a couple laps around the tennis courts today.

Me: Maddie, do you like it?

Maddie: I don't like it. I love it. It's awesome.

That is a direct quote. She's 4. Liza likes it too. Score one for the old man -- a bike purchase the whole family loves.

This bike will change our lives.

We need to do some fendering and lighting and baggaging and handlebarring and general fussing, then we're good to go. But it is ridable now.

I foresee many an overnighter at Riverside State Park this summer.

So excited.

2 comments:

David Blaine said...

I normally read your site through my google reader which is a shame because the new look is great. Good news about the tandem. I saw a family riding two bike friday tandems the other day. They definitely catch your eye when they cruise by.

Kelly Masjoan said...

Love the new look and recent posts. The tandem looks like a lot of fun.