Sunday, November 15, 2009

Why Do I Cyclocross?

Why Do I Cyclocross? from hank greer on Vimeo.


I spent today pointing my camera at everyone at the Inland Northwest Cyclocross Series races held at Riverside State Park. What a blast! Who's been hiding all this fun from me? As the video will show you, anybody can do this. And you don't have to have a top-end bike. One young man I spoke to was riding his sister's big, clunky mountain bike. He didn't care. He was riding and having fun.

There was one moment I did not get on camera. A young man riding by yelled, "Mom, I need the duct tape. It's in my car." But I was in the right place at the right time to catch a spill. (No bloggers were harmed in the making of this film.)

A big thanks to Nate for helping me shoot this and to Emde Sports for organizing and running the races. Sign me up!

5 comments:

Jason Gilman said...

Cool video Hank! The John Speare cameo made me cringe a little because I've been in that position more than a few times myself. Glad he popped right back up.

Pat S said...

Hank & Nate, outstanding film work.

Hank, I'm once again blown away by the quality of the production. Thanks for another killer video.

And I'm looking forward to asking you that same question next fall!

John Speare said...

Great video Hank. Great interviews.

Also, I'm really glad that my slow speed "wreck" was captured for all to see.

Hank Greer said...

Jason, Pat and John, thanks for the compliment.

John, I'm sorry I included your spill but I thought that was better than footage of the rider being hauled off in an ambulance. (I didn't shoot that anyway.)

Pat, if you want to see me out there next year then you don't say anything about the aforementioned medical response to my wife.

Lucas said...

This looks like a lot more fun than I imagined it to be. Hmmm, maybe next year.