Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kicking it down a notch

A week from this coming weekend I'm flying to Alex-land for a bike-hang camping weekend. There will be much riding and frivolity.

But I'm still battling bronchitis. Yesterday's commute home sucked, not just because it was snowing, but also because I was running late to pick up Maddie, so I pushed harder than I probably should have.

The fact is: I need to chill.

Glen's advice: wrap up in a blanket and don't move for 3 days.


Liza's advice: rest and no beers(!! as-if!)

Aside from yesterday and a particularly crappy ride on Saturday, I've been taking it easy for the last week or two: just commuting and the occasional trail ride. But riding is hard and breathing is pretty labored.

So now, it's time to get serious if I want to enjoy my weekend with Alex.

Liza says she'll drive me to work too. I'm so soft.

No comments: